Recognition for staff efforts is important for building a loyal team atmosphere. It can be given many ways, but sometimes you need to use tangible rewards to build staff loyalty. It is the old saying, different strokes for different folks and I have seen a lot in my 30 years. Rewards are a great way to motivate your staff anytime, but especially when you are introducing a customer loyalty program.
Loyalty programs are for customers and have to satisfy their ‘what’s in it for me’ expectation. Sometimes staff don’t see the big picture…how a customer loyalty program will benefit themselves. Staff incentives can make the difference because there is something in it for them while they are promoting your new program.
It can happen several ways:
- Some staff members enjoy a contest, but in the end only one staff member gets the ‘big’ reward.
- Rewards for reaching milestones within a time-frame produces greater motivation among a larger number of your staff. Each one has an equal chance to get a reward.
- Have different levels of rewards…
- give a gift card prize for ‘x’ number of sign-ups
- first staff member to get 100 customer sign-ups gets double the gift card prize
- greatest number of sign-ups over a base number within the week gets a cash bonus of ‘x’ amount. Several of your staff may qualify, especially the competitive ones.Have fun with staff rewards.
Rewards directly linked to the number of customer sign-ups ensures your new loyalty program is promoted to as many customers as possible. The more sign-ups, the more perks staff can qualify for whether it’s a cash bonus, gift cards or a day off with pay.
How do you inspire your staff loyalty?
If a customer loyalty program is something you want to explore, send an email to peter@plentyfullservices to see how we can make it as simple as 1-2-3 for your business to bring in more customers over and over again and have a 1-2-3 way to reward your staff for their loyalty too.
Here’s to YOUR Success,